Here are some safety tips to remember for each of these three modes of transportation.
- Pay attention to what is around you.
- When crossing the street look over your shoulder as well as both ways.
- Make sure you are seen by drivers.
- Be aware of turning vehicles.
- Don't enter the crosswalk until you are ready to cross.
- Always wear bright or reflective clothing at night.
- And be careful not to text and walk, it could be dangerous!
- Face traffic when walking - Walk against traffic, not with it.
- Use your head, wear a helmet!
- Wear bright or reflective clothing to be seen.
- Use headlights and reflectors to be visible at night.
- Be predictable in your movements. Don't make cars guess.
- Signal before you change directions.
- Ride with traffic, not against traffic.
- Don't text and drive!
- Watch for bicyclists and pedestrians. Give them plenty of room.
- Be careful before opening your car door. Check for cyclists.
- When on the freeway, watch for commuting cyclists at onramps and offramps.
- Watch for bicyclists and pedestrians at night. They may not be easy to see.